Re: AUTWN AUTOI ... AUTOI AUTWN

From: Joe A. Friberg (JoeFriberg@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 08:16:15 EDT

B.J.:

I have found in the beatitudes (v3-10) two
(semantic)/syntactic/morpological/phonological patterns that structure these
into two sets of 4 beatitudes: 3-6 and 7-10.

Each beatitude is composed of 2 lines: a condition/quality, and a promise.

The condition/qualities are loosely structured in parallel, forming 2
developing series of qualities. The first is 'inner', and the second
'outer' dealing more directly with relations to other people.

The promises are chiastically structured, the first and last being
identical, and the others using parallel verb forms (and pronouns!).

God Bless!

Joe A. Friberg
Arlington, Texas, USA