Re: Practice techniques

From: WFWarren@aol.com
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 12:06:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/00 10:54:22 AM, aks.1@gmx.at writes:

>My question: what techniques do you recommend for staying in practice (and
>improving)? This is probably a FAQ, but I would welcome advice; I've tried
>lectio continua in the NT, but this is hard to keep up over a long period
>of
>time. Are there "practice sites" on the web?
>
>Thanks for your advice...
>
>--
>Frater Dr. Alkuin Schachenmayr O.Cist.
>2532 Stift Heiligenkreuz
>Austria

If you want a more structured approach, you might try working through the
following two works, beginning with Mounce:
    William Mounce's Graded Reader (considered Intermediate level)
    Allen Wikgren's (with Colwell and Marcus) "Hellenistic Greek Texts"

Although Wikgren's text is dated and may be hard to obtain, I still find it
contains one of the best overall selections of Greek texts for students.

paz,

Bill Warren
http:\\www.nobts.edu\cntts