Re: thinking Greek

From: Wieland Willker (willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 05:22:53 EDT

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew wrote:
A year or two ago when I picked up the second edition of Gordon Fee's blue
book on NT Exegesis, I winced when he suggested that one of the first things
you should do is make an English translation. Once you have made an English
translation you have essentially cut yourself off from the text.

I fnd this an interesting thought! But what does this mean in practice? Say
you have to work on a certain pericope. Do you think it might be a good idea
to learn it by heart in Greek and then walking up and down SUMBALLWN TA
RHMATA EN TH KARDIA SOU?

Best wishes
    Wieland
      <><