RE: thinking Greek

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 15:08:20 EDT

Alan:

You wrote:

"My students need the preliminary translation to begin the process of
questioning required of exegesis; they need the final translation to
summarize
the results of the process (though they do so in some other ways as
well)."

-------------

You have no idea how relieved I was to read this response. After reading
Carl's response, I began to hyperventilate. As a first year Greek student,
his response was a bit overwhelming. I realize that this b-greek site is
for those more advanced than I, but your response gave me a glimmer of hope
for today :o )

Your methodology seems to allow a preliminary "translation" that serves as
a point of departure. For now, I will have to be satisfied with baby
steps.

hH CARIS MEQ hUMWN,

Mark "feeling like I'm in over my head" Wilson