Re: another virus at large- take seriously

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 05:42:03 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David McKay" <musicke@ozemail.com.au>

> What is the Windows Scripting Host supposed to do, apart from spreading
> worms?
> David McKay

This is a utility that allows programs to automate processes among multiple
programs and the operating system itself. The only place it is extensively
used in the real world is on web servers. We turned scripting host off on
all our corporate PC's as part of our response to this new threat.

This virus breed does not affect Macintosh or Unix systems.

Steve Puluka
Technology Director-Elan communications