Re: Questions

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 21:20:28 EDT

At 11:07 PM 5/26/00 -0600, Don Myers wrote:<br>
Amazon.com. That is in reply to Michaels question of trying to locate it. I<br>
just got it.</blockquote><br>
I thought that Everyman's Greek glossed over a lot of important things, but was quite approachable.<br>
Press on translating the Gospel of John. I would like to know more<br>
information so that I may obtain a copy.</blockquote><br>
I don't know which book you mean. There is one on First John that has received interesting reviews:<br>
This is by S.M.Baugh, who seems to have wonderful things to say when he posts here, and has written some extremely interesting articles. Based on other things he has written, I get the impression he really knows how to teach. Alas, I haven't actually looked at this book...<br>
to further my learning of greek if anyone has some input.</blockquote><br>
See
http://metalab.unc.edu/koine for my list of resources for beginners.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Greek Grammer by Mounce</blockquote><br>
Quite usable, and there are a bunch of related works such as a graded reader and a workbook. This is the most used grammar in evangelical seminaries. Not everything he says is true, and this is particularly problematic with the introductions to the chapters, which&nbsp; sometimes strongly imply that the Greek carries meanings that I don't personally see in those passages.<br>
Don't know this one.<br>
If you are an abstract thinker, A.K.M. Adam's grammar gives clear, concise, and true explanations of what the various grammatical forms mean. I might combine that with a text that gives more concrete explanations, or use it as a corrective to Mounce. It's always a good idea to get a second opinion anyway...<br>
there a institution that members would recomend a distance learning study<br>
program in Greek?</blockquote><br>
Sorry, I don't know what to recommend here.<br>
Jonathan </html>