Re: New International Greek Testament Commentary

From: Harold R. Holmyard III (hholmyard@ont.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 08:41:59 EDT

Dear Wieland,
     You wrote:

>New International Greek Testament Commentary

>What do you think about this series and about individual titles in
>particular? I am in Germany and have so far not seen any.

>How is the discussion of "the Greek text" done? How extensive is it? I
>like CK Barrett's commentary of John. Is this comparable?

I've only used two books in the series extensively, unless an excellent
commentary on Colossians and Philemon by James Dunn is in the series. I
read the commentary on Thessalonians, which was very good. I have the
commentary on Revelation, by G. K. Beale. It is excellent, giving full
discussion of the Greek text, and is especially good at investigating OT