Re: Gen 3:16 LXX & Susan T. Foh

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 11:42:21 EDT

on 06/07/00 1:47 AM, Roe wrote:

> clayton stirling bartholomew schrieb:
>
>> What light does the LXX reading APOSTROFH shed on Susan T. Foh's reading of
>> teshuqah in Gen 3:16 & Gen 4:7? Can we pull this all together and make sense
>> out if it?
>

> Wouldn't LSJ's fifth definition make Foh's reading unnecessary:
>
> V. diversion, amusement, Plu.2.133b(pl.).

David,

I am not sure it would. The more I think about this the more I am inclined
to concluded that the LXX reading here cannot be harmonized with Foh's
interpretation. Wever's seems to think that it can be harmonized with the
traditional reading but even that seems to be somewhat of a reach.

Perhaps the reason I asked this question is that I suspected there was no
answer to it. A question for diversion and amusement.

Thanks,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew