Re: KITTEL'S 1 VOLUME TDNT

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 18:59:33 EDT

<x-flowed>At 20:50 08/06/00, Roe wrote:
>Hi Maurice,
>
>Trying to determine a trend in the final price, I wonder: did the
>discount % off $300 become smaller each month, or was the full price
>continually raised?
>
>David

In March, the Logos Newswire included this item:

>>All orders received before March 31, 2000 will receive the special
introductory price of $150. We have decided to make this an Internet only
offer as we will be able to use automation to process the orders and track
production and delivery of the CD-ROMs. After March 31, the price will go
up each month until shipping day. Our goal, barring any unforeseen
production problems, is to have the product in your hands on or before
July 1, 2000>>

The whole marketing exercise was an interesting use of the Net; starting
off with an enquiry as to how many Logos users might be interested in an
electronic edition, then as the numbers looked feasible,an estimated price
range, and only then commitments to buy were asked for. That, I suspect, is
how more and more products are going to be sold <g>

REgards

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie