Re: 1 Thess 4:16b, 17

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 03:44:28 EDT

<x-html>
<P>Mickael,</P>
<P>IMHO, if you do something "together," then you do it at the same time.&nbsp; If you and I played football "together" that would imply that you and I were in the same place at the same time, playing the same game.&nbsp; So it is here (1 Thess. 4.16b-17).&nbsp; KAI hHMEIS hOI ZWNTES hOI PERILEIPOMENOI hAMA SUN AUTOIS hARPAGHSAMETHA EN NEFELAIS EIS APANTHSIN TOU KURIOU EN AERA (sorry for mistakes, that's from memory).&nbsp; "And we, the living, the left, together (at the same time and location) with them will be caught up ("raptured," if you will) in clouds unto the meeting of the Lord in the air."&nbsp; It does not really deal with "going to heaven," if that's what is thought.&nbsp; It deals with meeting the Lord.&nbsp; Depending on prophetic perspective, people will interpret that differently.&nbsp; Some think it happens just before the entrance into heaven for the "Marriage Supper of the Lamb," and others think it is for the judgment of the world.&nbsp; Whatever happens after the APANTHSIS, the point of h
is writing is that meeting.&nbsp; The dead and living (at the same time and place) will be caught up to meet the Lord.</P>
<P>In Christ,<BR>Jason</P>
</x-html>