Re: TI EMOI KAI SOI (John 2:4)

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 04:21:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2000 10:37:29 AM Central Standard Time,
parousia_occ@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 I am wondering about this construction and what exactly the idiom means.
 It is used here (John 2.4) by Jesus concerning he and his mother. However,
 the same idiom is used in another place by the demons in 'Legion'
 concerning them and Jesus ('What have we to do with you, Son of the Most
 High?!'). What would we say about the connotation and tone of the phrase?
 How should the idiom be understood?

Literally, of course, it means "What is it to me and to you?" (but you know
that). It seems to carry the connotation "What concern of mine is this?" Or
"What do I (we) have to do with you?

gfsomsel

.From ???@??? Fri Jun 16 08:21:04 2000