imperfect 3rd plural...

From: William & Lisa James (hstrymkrs@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 13:45:34 EDT

<x-html>
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello,&nbsp;I have a question concerning the imperfect&nbsp;active
indicative 3rd plural.&nbsp; I was looking back at my first year text (Machen)
and he says that the secondary ending of the imperfect active can be SAN as well
as ON.&nbsp; If SAN can be used, how would you be able to distinguish between
the imperfect and the aorist 3rd plural?&nbsp; Would there be some sort of stem
change since both are built on the present stem?&nbsp; If there is a stem
change, like that of a liquid, would it then be considered a second aorist with
a first aorist ending?&nbsp; My second year professor tells me that he has not
seen&nbsp;an imperfect with a SAN ending in the new testament, but i was curious
about other literature and if so, how do you know&nbsp;whether it is imperfect
or aorist?&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML>

</x-html>