Re : 2 Cor 12,2 PRO ETWN

From: abilene (abilene@ifrance.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 06:17:26 EDT

Harold Holmyard wrote:
<< It is "fourteen years ago" according
to the UBS GNT Concise Dictionary's understanding of the function of PRO
in
2 Cor 12:2: PRO ETWN DEKATESSARWN ...>>

I agree with the common translation.
But PRO means also "before" as in the Jewish Antiquities:4,226
GHN hO PHUTEUSAS, PRO ETWN TESSARWN AN KARPWN PROBALEI TA PHUTA
 the trees of which produce fruits before the fourth year, is not to
bring thence any first-fruits to God.

On this example I read In 2Co12,2 : "I know a man in Christ before the
fourteenth year..." .
In the 13th year after his conversion Paul had a new revelation; and
during the 14th he returned to Jerusalem.
 54/55 was a sabbatical year, and It seems that the Letter to the
Galatians was written in july/August 56 (cf F. Refoulé, Revue
Biblique,1988/95/2 p 161-83).

message envoye depuis http://www.ifrance.com
emails (pop)-sites persos (espace illimite)-agenda-favoris (bookmarks)-forums
Ecoutez ce message par tel ! : 08 92 68 92 15 (france uniquement)