Re: BLEPW & hORAW MK 8:23-24

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 17:48:38 EDT

on 06/19/00 1:33 PM, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

> Zodhiates dictionary, "The complete Word Study Dictionary of the New
> Testament" (WSDNT) has a substantial article on BLEPW. I was not able to
> find a citation of MK 8:23-24, . . .

Actually, I must have been blind (TUFLOS) the first time I read this,
MK 8:24 is cited under "to perceive as with the eyes meaning to discern"
(WSDNT pps 341-42) and then again MK 8:23-24 is cited under "the ability to
see as distinct from blindness" (WSDNT p. 343). So Zodhiate's dictionary
appears to directly address my question however the double citation leaves
some doubt about an either/or answer.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew