[b-greek] A question

From: N & RJ Hanscamp (hanscamps@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 00:57:54 EDT

<x-flowed>At 21:29 24/06/00 -0400, you wrote:
I have a lexicon that I use heavily, and treasure greatly. But
it has no date of publication, and my curiosity as to its vintage
has risen, and I wonder if anyone can place it.

It's published by Harper and Brothers, no date, and it's called
The Analytical Greek Lexicon: Consisting of an alphabetical
arrangement of every occurring inflexion of every word contained
in the Greek New Testament Scriptures with a grammatical
analysis of each word, and lexicographical illustration of the
meanings. A Complete Series of Paradigms, with Grammatical
remarks and explanations.

You could get arrested these days for a book title that long.

That's all that identifies it. Anybody know its details?

Connie

It sounds like the early version of what is now"the Analytical Greek
Lexicon Revised" by Harold K Moulton, originally published in 1852 as
Bagster's Analytical Greek Lexicon produced now under Regency / Zondervan
(Hard back 1977, PB 1990)

Anyone else have a cut on this?

I too find it handy, but am trying to get away from relying on it too much.
As others on this list will tell you, there is nothing like being free of
such books.

Shalom

Nigel

Nigel Hanscamp