[b-greek] EIPER

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:03:09 EDT

<x-flowed>
This is the last part of Romans 8:17

KLHRONOMOI MEN QEOU SUGKLHRONOMOI DE CRISTOU EIPER SUMPASCOMEN hINA KAI
SUNDOXASQWMEN

What does EIPER mean here?

It seems to be saying that we will be joint heirs with Christ, but only IF
we suffer together with Christ. I would assume then that if someone does not
suffer, he or she will not be a joint heir with Christ.

I have been a Christian for a while, but I am not sure I have “suffered with
Christ.”

If we must “suffer,” could you please let me know exactly what suffering
this means?

Thank you!

Mark Wilson