[b-greek] Re: keklhsetai in Hos 12.1

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 08:14:52 EDT

<x-flowed>At 20:44 09/07/00, Carlton Winbery wrote:
>but something looks a little screwy here. "the
>door will be kept *shut*. This obviously does not come from KALEW but
>KLEIW, "to shut". It is possible that the EI has been changed to H. The
>perfect passive should be KEKLEISTAI (adds epenthetic S) and the future
>perfect passive would be KEKLEISETAI.

My thanks for that correction, and my apologies to the list for a "blind"
copy-and-paste operation on the citation in the "Overview of Syntax" page;
"engage brain before hitting SEND key " is always good policy on any list <g>

Darrell correctly transcribed the verb in Ho. 12:1 as KEKLHSETAI, and that
is what i entered in the Perseus analysis engine.
What I failed to do was to read the " Overview of Sysntax " citation
carefully before copying it and sending it to the list; if I had done so, I
assume I would have observed the iota subscript under the H in the
reference to Aristophenes' "Lysistrata" at line 1071, where the verb
form is KEKLHiSETAI.

Regards

Maurice

.