[b-greek] Re: EDIKAIWQH (James 2:21)

From: Kimmo Huovila (kimmo.huovila@helsinki.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 11:58:40 EDT

Luke 10:29: "hO DE QELWN DIKAIWSAI hEAUTON EIPEN PROS TON IHSOUN..."

It seems that the semantics of DIKAIOW are flexible enough to include
the meaning 'to show/demonstrate one to be righteous'. There is no
declaration of righteousness in the context (of Luke) as such, nor of
making someone righteous, but rather an outward attempt at demonstration
of one's (supposed) righteousness.

Kimmo Huovila

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote:

> At 5:02 AM +0000 7/18/00, Mark Wilson wrote:
> >James 2:21
<snip>