[b-greek] 2 Cor. 5:19

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 22:37:54 EDT

<x-flowed>

hWS hOTI QEOS HN EN CRISTWi KOSMON KATALLASSWN hEOUTWi
MH LOGIZOMENOS AUTOIS TA PARAPTWMATA AUTWN

I have a few questions concerning 2 Cor. 5:19

EN CRISTWi

I do not understand this prepositional phrase. Does this mean that God (the
Father) was in Christ (God the Son)?

Does it mean the God the Father was reconciling the world BY MEANS OF Christ
on the cross?

Or, does it mean Christ was divine, and as God, he was reconciling?

Does reconciliation only take place “in Christ” ??

MH LOGIZOMENOS

This implies to me that since God has reconciled the world, he will no
longer impute their trespasses to their account, almost as if all the sins
were imputed to Christ.

Can someone explain "MH LOGIZOMENOS" ??

Simply because God has reconciled himself to the world, that would not
address whether man has reconciled himself to God. Right?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson