[b-greek] to be hAMARTIAN

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 23:45:29 EDT

<x-flowed>

2 Cor. 5:21

TON MH GNONTA hAMARTIAN hUPER hHMWN hAMARTIAN EPOIHSEN
hINA hHMEIS GENWMEQA DIKAIOSUNH QEOU EN AUTWi

How does the second hAMARTIAN function in this sentence? I notice most
translations insert “to be.”

Are there other words that can be inserted?

God made Christ to be sin (Christ = sin)
God made Christ as sin (incarnation, like sin)
God made Christ ?????

Would it have been possible to use OU GNONTA? (I ask this only to help me
understand the difference between MH and OU when both are possible, as Carl
pointed out in verse 19.)

And one theological response would be appreciated OFFLIST. Namely, what does
it mean to say that God made Christ to be sin? How is “sin” used in this
context? (Personified??)

Thank you,

Mark Wilson