[b-greek] Re: Guillemette's "Greek New Testament Analyzed"

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 12:15:23 EDT

on 07/30/00 8:50 AM, Roe wrote:

> Hi B-Greekers,
>
> I am wondering about the relative usefullness of Guillemette's "Greek
> New Testament Analyzed" (1986) compared to Zondervan's 1978 revised
> edition of Bagster's old error-ridden "Analytical Greek Lexicon"...
>
> I understand that Guillemette's does not include English glosses like
> Zondervan's Analytical Greek Lexicon. Is it as helpful a tool in every
> other regard? How is its accuracy? And, are its tables as (or more)
> "user friendly"?

David

If your decision is down to a choice between these two, by all means get
Guillemette. Bagster is a fossil and you don't want English glosses, since
that would encourage you to skip using your lexicon, very bad! The tirades
against Analytical Greek Lexicons regularly posted on this list are somewhat
overkill. I still use Guillemette. He is helpful in little ways you only
discover by owning him. There are other books available, like Mounce. I
cannot say much about Mounce, only looked at a library copy for a short
time.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew