[b-greek] Re: Discourse Analysis (computer model)

From: Eric S. Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 20:53:47 EDT

Upon further reading of Romans 8, to say as I did that 8:12-13 breaks the
thought flow of 8:1-11 and 8:14-17 is too simplistic. I would probably have
to write an essay to explain and discuss how I see the sentences of the
first half of Romans 8 relating to each other, and if I looked at it again
a month from now I might see things a slightly different way again.
Analyzing the KAIs and DEs and GARs can be helpful, I think. The DE in 8:8
doesn't seem to have as much prominence (if that's the word) as the DE in
8:9, and NA-27 seems to recognize this.

By the way, I notice that NA-27 has paragraph divisions, but in some
places, like Romans 8:8 - 8:9 there is a space between sentences and the
first word of the next sentence is capitalized as if it should be a new
paragraph - yet it isn't. Why is that? I tried to find an explanation in
the intro for this apparent new paragraphs within paragraphs, but I must
have overlooked it. Any help?