[b-greek] [Fwd: Rom 3:21-31]

From: Brian Swedburg (brian@discoveryhills.org)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 14:09:03 EDT

Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:06:24 -0700
From: Brian Swedburg <brian@discoveryhills.org>
To: Dennis Hukel <hukel@bhiinc.com>
Subject: Re: [b-greek] Rom 3:21-31

Dennis,
    After the lack of replies on line and the nature of your reply, I'm afraid I have not stated my question well. While
I appreciate the nuances of your translation ( i.e. subjective gentitive in 22: which I cannot whole heartedly endorse as
the rest of the genitive PISTEWS constructions in the passage, including the DIA PISTEWS of vs 30, refer to the faith
who's object is Jesus) I am concerned with whether the righteousness/DIKAIOSUNH of God revealed is His righteous
character, or His justice as Creator Judge.

ie. Yet now the justice/righteouss character of God is revealed apart from the Law, as testified to by the Law ad the
Prophets, even the justice/righteouss character of God revealed through faith in Jesus, for all who believe, for there is
no distinction (i.e. between Jews and Gentiles) because all have sinned and missed God's glory (see 1:23 where mankind is
said to seek man-made glory rather than God's own glory) . . .

Is God's character revealed in this redemption in Christ, or God's justice dispensed through faith in Jesus?

Your partner in Christ,
Brian