[b-greek] Re: Rev. 1.1, 2

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 21:37:52 EDT

At 9:21 PM -0400 9/10/00, Polycarp66@aol.com wrote:
>Regarding your statement that "liberals" hold this particular view -- untrue.
> Many you would classify as evangelicals do as well -- he is frequently
>referred to as "John the Evangelist" or "John the Seer."

I really wish that we might avoid these tags altogether, at least on-list.
They seem based upon an assumption that people who think are consistent in
their views on all matters. For my part I tend to be suspicious of people
who claim to be altogether consistent--it's not that I think consistency is
bad but that I doubt it is altogether human. At any rate, the labels and
tags regarding theological stances can be more misleading than helpful, and
I think we should avoid them here.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu