[b-greek] Re: New Testament Jehovah Quotes

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 14:00:16 EDT

on 09/15/00 9:48 AM, Jim West wrote:

> 3) the divine name is never rendered by a greek transliteration in the NT.
> It is translated Kyrios. never any other way.

Hm . .m, While agreeing with 95% of what Jim has said here I think that we
might want to nuance* this last statement just a little.

In the Apocalypse of John 1:4, 1:8, 4:8, 11:17, 16: 5 we have the following
with variations:

hO WN KAI hO HN KAI hO ERCOMENOS

This construction and it variants is considered by a number of serious
students of the Apocalypse to be a rendering of the YHWH.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

*nuance: a verb used often by Ph.D. candidates, which I am not have never
been and will never be.