[b-greek] re: To be born of water

From: Will Wagers (hyle@e-denton.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 07:24:34 EDT

<x-flowed>As has been pointed out, there are two distinct stages in birth:

1. First, the water breaks, and the baby is born of water.

2. When the newborn takes it's first breath, it is born of spirit.

Obviously, these *births* are the physical basis of subsequent metaphors.
Baptism, for example, is the recreation of this moment.