[b-greek] [Fwd: Re: POCKET SIZE GREEK NT]

From: dhwarren@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 11:33:59 EDT

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:32:17 -0400
From: dhwarren@attglobal.net
To: WmHBoyd@aol.com
Subject: Re: [b-greek] Re: POCKET SIZE GREEK NT

Dr. Mr. Boyd,

I am not sure how to contact them except by post mail. Use the following address
(which I supplied in my posted email):

ADELFOTHS QEOLOGWN H ZWH (the name of the publisher, trans. = "The Brotherhood
of Theologians: The Life")
hIPPOKRATOUS 189 (this the street address; the street is called Hippokratous)
AQHNAI (the Greek spelling for Athens; I always write it both in Greek and in
English)/Athens GREECE

I would try writing in English. I have found that most Greeks are very
accomodating to Americans. Be sure to request the edition H KAINH DIAQHKH (12th
ed., 1990), "shirt-pocket" size, measuring 3 1/4" X 4 1/2" and only 1/2" thick,
356 pp. Ask them for a price quote and for the cost of the edition.

This edition is bound with a nice black hardback binding. In May 1993 I
purchased my copy in Thessaloniki for $2.60 (U.S.Dollars). I am not sure what
the price would be now with the fluctuation of the Greek drachma, but it should
still be very inexpensive with U.S currency.

Good Luck!

David H. Warren