[b-greek] Re: Classics on the Net

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 01:42:40 EDT

on 10/08/00 1:37 PM, Philip Graber wrote:

> John,
>
> Both NT and LXX are available in Unicode format at:
>
> http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~hancock/antioch.htm
>
> There are several Unicode fonts available. A free one is available from:
>
> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Help/Athenian_Font.html
>
> Philip Graber
> Ronceverte, West Virginia, USA

Philip,

I have been cutting and pasting Homer's Iliad one page at a time from
Perseus so I can print work sheets using the Athenian font. Is there a
better way to do this?

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

PS

I actually just started doing this. Up until now all my work sheets for
classic authors have been transcribed by hand. After first thousand lines or
so this gets kind of tedious not to speak of time consuming. I suspect that
hand transcription has some beneficial side affects. I transcribed the
Apocalypse of John and the Gospel of John by hand in the late 80's before
found out about e-texts from P.B. Payne & Co in 1990.