[b-greek] Re: heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 08:47:33 EDT

At 11:16 AM +0000 10/9/00, jwest@highland.net wrote:
>carl, someone, please remove the bouncing address!!!!!!!!!
>
>i got 93 emails from netzero about some non existent address at b-greek.

I know, I know, I know, I KNOW!!! I had about 400: we are punished,
evidently, in proportion to the number of messages we individually have
posted to B-Greek for the past six months. Evidently the offending party
took an e-mail account with a server that lets stuff keep coming into
mailboxes for SIX MONTHS before disgorging them all back to the original
sender. I have unsubscribed the person involved, although when I checked
that settings file, I saw that it had already been shifted to "No mail."
One virtue of our Lyris software is that it turns off the faucet to
offending mailboxes as soon as too many messages start to bounce. But in
this case, they didn't start bouncing until they had accumulated for six
months.

At any rate, you needn't send me any more private notifications of the
problem. I have been notified AD NAUSEAM (to put it mildly)!

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu