[b-greek] Col. 4:15 NUMFAN accent

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 16:43:15 EDT

The scribe of Vaticanus (B), which reads in AUTHS Col. 4:15, was probably a
proto-feminist trying to create an inclusive version of Paul's Letter to the
Colossians. The reading in A, Aleph, C . . . is AUTWN, the MT, TR and D
read AUTOU. The proto-feminist reading has been preserved in NA27 and
UBSGNT4.

My question is about the accent on NUMFAN which is related to this variant.
How does the choice and placement of the accent indicate the gender of the
name? I know, this is a dumb question but keep in mind I never went to
school (not in Greek).

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew