[b-greek] Re: 1st John recipients

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 13:49:18 EDT

<x-flowed>

Francisco Orozco

You wrote:

>On the second question, there is no omission of women. It seems that the
>general terms included both male and female so that PATERES includes >male
>and female likewise for NEANISKOI.
------

The structure you suggested (I removed it from this response) was to my
liking. But the question that immediately came to my mind was seemingly
anticipated in your statement above. Which leads me to this:

Are you aware of PATERES clearly referring to both male and female in any
other Greek writing?

I would pose the same question as to the masculine NEANISKOI. Can you cite
references where it refers to male AND FEMALE? I am looking for "undisputed"
references at this time.

And thank you for your initial thought provoking response!!

Thank you,

Mark Wilson

http://profiles.msn.com.