[b-greek] Re: The ongoing wait for BDAG

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 12:33:07 EDT

At 5:18 PM +0100 10/18/00, Steve Doel wrote:
>Did someone recently suggest that the new edition would appear towards the
>end of this month?
>I just received this from the sales team at the University of Chicago Press.
>Ah well, at least the delays appear to be getting progressively shorter.....
>

><<Dear Mr. Doel:
>
>Thank you for your inquiry. The new edition is due around the end of
>November, so copies will most likely be shipped sometime in December.

I think that what's been said is that it's hoped to have it concurrently
with the SBL meeting in Nashville the weekend before
Thanksgiving--presumably with copies available there for purchase or to
examine so that they can take orders at the U. of Chicago Press stall, or
something like that. But at any rate, the last "timing" note I read/heard
of was in conjunction with the SBL/AAAR meeting in November--and that seems
consistent with what you were told.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu