[b-greek] Re: The ongoing wait for BDAG

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:35:12 EDT

At 12:54 PM -0400 10/18/00, Jim West wrote:
>At 11:33 AM 10/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>I think that what's been said is that it's hoped to have it concurrently
>>with the SBL meeting in Nashville the weekend before
>>Thanksgiving--presumably with copies available there for purchase or to
>>examine so that they can take orders at the U. of Chicago Press stall, or
>>something like that. But at any rate, the last "timing" note I read/heard
>>of was in conjunction with the SBL/AAAR meeting in November--and that seems
>>consistent with what you were told.
>
>i will be at the sbl in nashville and i will buy carl dinner if they have it
>there and not some mock up or advert flyer announcing its imminent arrival.
>if theres a REAL copy there-- dinner carl....

And there you have it: a twofold masque of Vladimir and Estragon: TWO
messages from JW announcing to everyone what nobody knew: that he is an
"eternal infidel", and now TWO messages from me claiming no more than that
it is better to have hope than not to have hope, that there actually IS a
positive way of interpreting Beckett's "En attendant Godot."

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu