[b-greek] Re:Exodus 21:22-23 (LXX)

From: Deborah Greenhill (ravdev@mail.fm)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 16:04:32 EDT

Blessings, Daniel,
You missed my point entirely.
Literal interpretation IS important, but so is historical context. To
merely say what a passage means LITERALLY does not give the historical
ramifications for the student. One must supply a historical perspective
with the literal interpretation to get the "full picture".

Josephus discusses the Sanhedrin and its rulings in "Antiquities IX". This
may help the student understand where a literal interpretation of any
passage has led. In this manner, we are not misleading our students as to
the full understanding of the text.

Dr. Deborah J. Greenhill