[b-greek] oikonomia as "incarnation"?

From: Karen Mendez (karen_mendez@gotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 10:37:58 EDT

Dear B-Greekers,

I found the following excerpt on the site of the Christian Classics Ethereal

Library (Extracts from the Acts of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Session

I,Labbe and Cossart, Concilia, Tom. VII., col. 53.):

"John, the most reverend bishop and legate of the Eastern high priests

said: This heresy is the worst of all heresies. Woe to the iconoclasts! It is

the worst of heresies, as it subverts the incarnation (oikonomian) of our

Saviour."

I don't have access to the Greek text, but I wonder whether the translation

"incarnation" for "oikonomia" is usual and I would

appreciate if someone could suggest an alternative translation.

Thanks,

Karen Mendez,

Noisy-le-Sec

France