[b-greek] Re: Elementary Greek on the WEB

From: Sylvia Schmitz (Sylvia.Schmitz@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 03:45:26 EDT

Garland Shinn schrieb:
> Hi, all
>
> Someone asked me about sites on the web that assist in learning
> elementary Greek. The person has had no Greek, and is not in a locality
> where he can take classes, but he does have a background in language
> study (missionary type).
>
> Are there any sites that you can recommend?
>
> G. Shinn
> Professor
> Southern California Bible College & Seminary
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [Sylvia.Schmitz@t-online.de]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> leave-b-greek-327Q@franklin.oit.unc.edu

I am actually studying New Testment with an International Correspondance
Institute (ICI University). There are two courses that are prepared for
independent study. The textbook that is used is "New Testament for Beginners" by
J.Gresham Machen, D.D. Lerr.D.. Prof. Hobart E. Grazier wrote the two textbooks.
Along with this course there is a studentpackage including a set of tapes with
pronunciation and explanations and every now and then a Wordstudy. Before I've
been studying languages as graduate translator. Therefore I can evaluate whether
a textbooks and language courses is helpful or not. In the beginning of each
lesson there is a short introductions, an overview over the lessons, then
vocabulary and grammar, etc., and then there are drills with solutions in the
book and there is also a self-test.

ICI University has moved from Texas to Springfield, Missouri. There is also a
website where to find further information: www.ici.edu.

Sylvia Schmitz
ICI student
Sylvia.Schmitz@t-online.de