[b-greek] Re: Mounce NIV English-GNT

From: Lynn Trapp (rltrapp@bluebunny.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 10:54:01 EST

Steven,
In fact, that did strike me as an odd thing about the book in question. It
seems to me that the only real value of any interlinear would be for
vocabulary building for a beginning reader of Greek. To twist it around and
make the "primary" text the English seems to me to be counter productive to
that end, and only serves to do what Carl suggested--make "would-be Greek
scholars" out of any and every Joe who comes along.

Lynn Trapp