[b-greek] Re: Diagramming

From: Dale M. Wheeler (dalemw@teleport.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 10:25:14 EST

<x-flowed>

>Rodney J. Decker wrote:
>
>I received the following question privately from a list member, but thought
>that perhaps it would be of more general interest. There has been some
>minor discussion in past years re. diagramming Greek, so if any of you know
>of other options on Windows, please share that info.

Two of my former students, who are also programmers and wrote Greek
FlashPro, have also written a diagramming program called Syntac. It has a
couple of minor issues to resolve, but in the main is very simple to use
and produces nice diagrams (well, of course, you have to produce
them). Syntac hasn't been made generally available (I've had some 3rd year
syntax students testing it), but I suspect that if enough folks made
inquiry to Paul Miller at the GRAMCORD Institute about the program, it
might light a fire under these guys to get the program finished. BTW, also
from GRAMCORD, you can get John Mclean's Diagraming Manual which teaches
you how to do it (I use it for my syntax classes) as well as many of the NT
books already diagrammed by either John or myself (printed versions...which
you can then use as a template to create your own either in Accordance or
Syntac).

Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-251-6478 E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com