[b-greek] Re: Edition of BDAG

From: Roe (d.roe@t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 07:36:35 EST

David Luckensmeyer schrieb:

> On which edition of Bauer is BDAG based? I would hope it is based on the
> Aland/Aland 6th Auflage, 1988?

Hi David and List,

I don't yet have this edition, but note that the publisher's (University
of Chicago) site states:

"Based on Walter Bauer's Griechisch-Deutsches Wörterbuch zu den
Schriften des Neuen Testaments und der frühchristlichen Literatur,
***sixth edition***, edited by Kurt Aland and Barbara Aland, with Viktor
Reichman..."

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/13055.ctl

Interestingly, Univ. of Chicago (and Amazon) lists the new edition for
US$85 (the old ed. for $55), while Barnes & Nobles show a $65 List Price
for the new, and discount it a further 20 percent. I checked with B&N,
as well as Bertelsmann [BOL], who also show a list price under the
publisher's (£41.00), and both confirmed their prices.

BTW, barnesandnoble.com are currently offering, as they often do, a $10
coupon on online orders of $40 or more. I have only seen this offer when
buying through AddAll.com. You are to search for the book at AddALL's
site, then select Barnes & Noble, entering B&N through AddALL's site.
When purchasing, enter the coupon code.

http://www.AddALL.com/

(I have used one of these coupons by going directly to B&N's site and
entering the code; however, because, I presume, I did not enter through
AddALL, I was not credited the $10 until I wrote an email explanation to
B&N, who then deducted $10 from my bill.)

This coupon reduction means that you can get the new Bauer from B&N for
only US$42 + $12.95 for "International Airmail / 7-21 days" shipping to
Australia, (US$54.95, or AU$106).

Sorry for the bandwidth on an off-topic, but thought others --
especially those not favored by the currently-strong US Dollar -- might
be interested...

David

D.W. Roe
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany