[b-greek] Barnes and Ignoble?

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 05:21:51 EST

I have just received the following message from Barnes and {Ig]Noble:

Despite our efforts, we were unable to ship the following title(s) in the
expected time frame.

Below are the revised details of your order. As a part of our ongoing
customer service commitment to keep you informed, we will send you an
e-mail as soon as the title ships.

[snip boring stuff]
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you
experienced.

-The Booksellers at Barnes & Noble.com-

The following title has been backordered:
QTY PRICE TITLE (Expected Ship Date)
  1 $52.00 A Greek-English Lexicon of the 12/17/2000

I understood I was getting it for $US42.

Jim! Get down off the roof! You were right!

Why do people offer to supply stuff they ain't got?

BTW, We have 12 months per year in Australia, not 17! I guess this is to
allow more time to clear up the recent election fiasco.
David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au