[b-greek] 1 Cor 6:18

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:30:31 EST

<x-flowed>

1 Cor 6:18

FEUGETE THN PORNEIAN
PAN hAMARTHMA hO EAN POIHSHi ANQRWPOS EKTOS TOU SWMATOS EISTIN
hO DE PORNEUWN EIS TO IDION SWMA hAMARTANEI

My question here is EKTOS and EIS used in contradistinction to each other.

What are your thoughts on understanding EIS as "inside" ? (I found this
translated "against" in all my translations.)

To illustrate just what I am suggesting by "inside" let me
use this "analogy:"

INSIDE the body as if some form of "spiritual cancer."
This is the only terminology that comes to my mind in trying to convey the
idea of EIS with EKTOS.

We can get a sense of "physical cancer" running wild
"inside" the cell structure of the body of a cancer victim.
Could EIS convey a similar " spiritual depth" (analogy??) ?

I am not so sure that this clears anything up in any way, but it was the
image that came to my mind after I saw EIS used against EKTOS.

Thank you,

Mark Wilson