[b-greek] Re: Intermediate Grammar

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 16:52:14 EST

Hi Chandler
I like Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics [published by
Zondervan]. I have learnt a lot about Greek from this book. Wallace's book
has excellent subject and Greek word indices, but no indices of references
to authors, unfortunately.

If you want to improve your vocabulary, Mastering Greek Vocabulary by Thomas
A Robinson, published by Hendrickson, is helpful. It emphasises learning
roots and cognates.
Here is a random example:
page 88
DU =clothe
APEKDUOMAI disarm, discard
APEKDUSIS putting off
EKDUW strip
ENDIDUSKW dress in
ENDUMA clothing
ENDUSIS wearing
ENDUW clothe, wear
EPENDUOMAI put on
EPENDUTHS outer garment

I have not given all of Robinsons' information here, but you get the gist.
David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au