[b-greek] GRAMMER

From: Bryce Griffy (bgriffy@tds.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 04:40:13 EST

<x-html>
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello, I am new here, but I look forward to asking
you folks lots of questions. I have a question that I wish someone could help me
with, I have looked up the word church and it is a feminine noun. Now my dilemma

is I am told that if you are speaking of the body it can become masculine, as to
take on the form of a masculine noun, and thereby referring to the church as a
"he" instead of a "she" or bride. I can word this over again if it is not clear
as to what I would like explained. I would like someone with a good back ground
to tell me either yes or no on this matter, either yes church is always referred
to as a feminine noun, but if you are talking about the body of Christ then it
suddenly becomes a masculine noun??? I'm looking for something constant is the
body of Christ referred to in a feminine or a masculine sense, please help me
here.<BR><BR><BR>Thanks for your help...

[New subscribers: (a) Please use full names in signatures; (b)
Please use plain-text ASCII and NOT "styled text" for B-Greek
messages.]

<BR><BR>Bryce</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>