[b-greek] Re: Machen for the 3rd Millennium

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:30:56 EST

on 12/07/00 12:27 PM, Christopher Hutson wrote:

> 1) The grammatical explanations are simple (light on grammatical jargon and
> no comparisons to Latin--much simpler than Machen) and presented in
> bite-sized portions that are easily digestible, one lesson at a time.

Christopher,

Yes, absolutely. Here we finally have a NT Greek textbook written explicitly
for the post-literate generation. The only thing lacking is a cover photo of
a Gerber Jar with a label that says GREEK.

I definitely get the impression that N. Clayton Croy knows his audience
well. The writing style is clear, concise and simple. This is a remarkable
achievement given the subject matter.

I agree with all of your criticisms. Thanks for your comments.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point