[b-greek] Audio GNT Files

From: Marilyn Phemister (mphemister@kscable.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 17:24:40 EST

<x-flowed>
Hi Friends,

A while back I asked about an audio Greek New Testament. There are two
I've heard of available, both with a modern Greek pronunciation. I
purchased the one by Zodhiates and have been listening to it every
day. But the pronunciation is so different from what I'm used to that I
doubt if I will ever be able to understand it without having to look at my
own GNT.

Since my future eyesight is dubious, I have begun making my own audio GNT
to avoid having to give up my Greek New Testament in the event that my
central vision quits on me. It has taken until now to work through the
technical problems of recording. I'll admit it got easier once I got the
microphone plug switched from the earphone jack to the mic jack.

To bring this story to a close, I hope to make these files available on the
web as mp3 files free for download.

I am not an authority in the pronunciation of koine Greek, but I am
attempting to conform as closely as I am able to the pronunciation I have
found in textbooks on New Testament Greek.

If any of you would like to know when this page becomes available, please
send me your email address privately and I will put you on my list for
notification.

Marilyn Phemister