[b-greek] Re: IDIOMS

From: Eric and Karol-Ann Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 00:14:51 EST

Edward D. Goodrick has an interesting short chapter/lesson on Idioms in
his DO IT YOURSELF HEBREW AND GREEK (Lesson 22). If you read this
chapter, you will wonder if there are any NON-idiomatic passages in the
Bible!

Goodrick's is definitely a book for beginners and makes no pretensions
about being for those who can read Greek or Hebrew. He does say, though,
that "The best book on the subject which I can lay my hands on is
FIGURES OF SPEECH USED IN THE BIBLE, by E. W. Bullinger, published by
Baker. It has an index of some 5,000 separate appearances [of idiomatic
speech]."

--
"Eric S. and Karol-Ann Weiss"
http://home1.gte.net/eweiss/index.htm