[b-greek] Vocabulary lists

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 12:07:07 EST

<x-flowed>
Since a number of people on this list have found them useful, I thought
that I should note that I have just posted new, updated copies of my
vocabulary lists. The changes are minor. No words have been added. I
corrected one (English) spelling mistake; fixed a breathing mark; and
corrected the entries for POTE/ and PO/TE (which were reversed).

Descriptions and links are as follows (if anyone has linked to them, I
think the file name of the second one is slightly different that previously):

Intermediate Greek Vocabulary
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/documents/gk3vocab.pdf>
(130k .pdf file) This document contains all NT Greek words that occur 27
times or more in the NT, sorted by frequency. It is the vocabulary
assignment schedule that I use in teaching the first semester of second
year Greek, but it may well be of use to others as well. This file was
output from a database that I've created and contains the Greek word,
actual frequency, card number in Gromacki's Vocab. Cards, and an English
gloss. As to "Why 27x?"--here's why: in my first year classes students
learn words occurring 50 or more times in the NT. In second year they
review all these words in two large chunks at the beginning of the semester
and then learn 25 new words per week for 9 more weeks. [Note: I have just
posted an updated, corrected copy of this file. 12/27/00]

Basic Greek Vocabulary
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/documents/elgkvoc.pdf>
(84k .pdf file) This document contains all NT Greek words that occur 50
times or more in the NT, sorted by chapter in Mounce's Basics of Biblical
Greek. It includes the same info as the previous listing in the same
format. [Note: I have just posted an updated, corrected copy of this file.
12/27/00]

(These descriptions from my NT Resources page; see URL in sig. below.)

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm