[b-greek] Re: hO QEOS in Phil. 3:19

From: Steve Lovullo (SLovullo@etcconnect.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 11:37:14 EST

As I pointed out in my first post, the articles seem to be what would
customarily be used to signify possession. I fail to see how this
necessarily identifies one with the other "to the exclusion of all else." If
I say "my computer is my friend," this in no way suggests that my computer
is my only friend to the exclusion of all other friends, or that my computer
is ONLY my friend and nothing else. Would we say that because their belly is
their God it therefore is NOT also their means of processing food? It seems
that any number of things could be predicated about their belly. How would
this constitute their belly as being ONLY their God "to the exclusion of all
else?"

Steve Lo Vullo
Madison, WI