[b-greek] Paul's "dying formula"

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 19:22:33 EST

B-Greeks,

Those of you with long memories might recall that I have been working
for some time now on an article which seeks to explore of the background
of Paul's claim that "Christ died for us/our sins". I'm happy to say
that I've completed the first draft of the article and have uploaded it

http://www.egroups.com/files/crosstalk2/

You will find it there in both a Word Perfect and a MS word form that
will download to your hard drive when you click on the link.

As the article is intended for publication, I would be grateful for any
comments and criticisms you may have on any aspect of what is set out
there, from the issue of whether I am as complete as I think I am in
noting all of the non Pauline instances of the "dying formula", to
whether the instances I have cited are really relevant, or anything in
between that strikes you as odd or out of joint..

Please let me know if you have difficulty downloading the article,
especially whether the Greek and the footnotes remain intact. I will
send the article you separately as an attachment.

Yours,
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A