[b-greek] All ARXH + genitive with respect to person is decisive.

From: Dan Parker (stoixein@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 14:23:22 EST

These are all the occurences of ARXH/BeKoR followed by the genitive
with respect to a person that I am aware of in the LXX/GNT. There has
been much talk as to how to interpret ARXH. It seems to me that once
we determine how is is consistently used in Scripture with respect to
person we can easily determine this in an objective manner. These
occurences almost interpret themselves.

Regards,
Dan Parker

Genesis 49:3 "Reuben, you are my first-born [Heb, BeKoR, Grk
PRWTOTOKOS]; My might and the beginning of my strength [Heb, ReSHiT,
Grk, ARXH TEKNWN], Preeminent in dignity and preeminent in power. (NASB)

Deuteronomy 21:17 "But he shall acknowledge the first-born [Heb, BeKoR,
TON PRWTOTOKON], the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion
of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength [Heb, ReSHiT,
ARXH TEKNWN AUTOU]; to him belongs the right of the first-born. (NASB)

Psalm 78:51 And smote all the first-born [Heb BeKoR, Grk, PRWTOTOKON]
in Egypt, The first issue of their virility [Heb, ReSHiT; Grk, APARXHN
TWN PONWN AUTWN] (NASB)

Psalm 105:36 He also struck down all the first-born [Heb, BeKoR Grk,
PRWTOTOKON] in their land, The first fruits [Heb, ReSHiT; Grk, APARXHN]
of all their vigor. (NASB)

Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way [Heb,
ReSHiT; Grk, ARXHN ODWN AUTOU], Before His works of old. (NASB)

Revelation 3:14 "And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation
[H ARXH THS KTISEWS] of God, says this: (NASB)